Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Making stuff


OK, I've been bitten by the bug to start "doing stuff" again....here's some samplings of the small projects i've completed over the last few weeks:

...my favorite new bag. The guitar logo was from a much-loved T. Alas, I spilled pink nail polish on it. Throw it out? Never! I sewed it onto a patch of cotton, then sewed that onto a bag purchased from my local pharmacy for $3. I left all the edges raw, for a worn-in look (ok, mostly just so I could finish it before the kiddos woke up). Cool beans!

I recycled an old hand towel into some much-needed washcloths by cutting it into eighths and finishing the edges with some leftover quilt binding. I used bias so I wouldn't have to deal with the corners. They are perfect for wiping little hands and faces after meals!

And my personal favorite, Spencer's new knitted sweater vest (using the pattern "Pebbles" - the info can be found on Soule Mama's blog). What a chubster!
Love those buttons up the side.

No comments: